Saturday 29 January 2011

Liam: An Introduction

Hello readers! Thought I best get my introduction in before Josh did, nobody likes being last!

So where to start? I got into blogging as a bit of a revision technique when I started uni and got a bit carried away and became an avid blogger. You can see what I discussed here.

Politically, I'm on the centre-right of British Politics, but to be honest with most of the social policies in Britain today to be left/right wing is like splitting hairs. I support the deficit reduction plan that the government is undertaking, but I'm not a fan of all the measures, specifically the VAT hike.

In my small bio, I named Ian Bell and David Laws as my favourite people. The reasons for Ian Bell are simple, the man is a cricketing genius, technically superior to any batsmen of our time. But back to serious talk, David Laws is my favourite politician. He's essentially my beliefs personified a social liberal. Small government is the way forward!

So beyond politics, I cover a bit of economics in my blogs. I would say my discussion on economics is still useful for myself as a revision tool, but hopefully you'll enjoy my analysis as much as previous readers.

I'll also have the occasional pop at organised religion. It seems Atheism might run wild in this blog and I'd say that says a lot about modern day culture, the more educated we become, the less we need to rely on a "God" to make us feel safe. As Nietzsche once said "God is dead". I think religion is a dangerous tool, with extremists of all faith using it as an excuse for violence and bigotry.

Finally, I hate Tabloids. They ruin people's lives for a story and cater to the ignorant masses. 75% of their stories are inaccurate and/or bullshit.

Quick fire round:
Involvement in the EU: Unsure.
Raising Tuition Fees: Yes.
Devolution: Stupid.
Daily Mail: Gahhhhh.
Liberal Democrats: Sellouts!

No comments:

Post a Comment