Monday 31 January 2011

JC: An Introduction

Hello readers. I'm the last to make an introduction, but that shouldn't mean I'll be the last to make my points or cause a scene.

I started blogging 2 years ago, as a way to develop my life writing skills and a way of writing down my day to day problems, thoughts and hates of the world. I have little to no interest in my country's politics, (or any other countries mind you) I believe that whatever happens, happens for a reason, whether good or bad. Yes, I could help to change it, but I'd much prefer to change the way I live to adapt to the changing climate, whether that be social, political or environmental.
I'm currently studying Creative Writing and English Literature at University of Cumbria in Lancaster, and I hope to become a newspaper columnist and reviewer of all kinds of culture. I'm an easily pleased man, lover of pool, poker, whiskey and comedy. How I'd sum myself up in 5 words? Cynical, acid-tongued Obsessive Compulsive.

My blog entries will be close to my heart, things that I'm interested in more than anything on this Earth. I have entries planned looking at the mental health system of the NHS, the legalisation of cannabis, and the state of comedy in the UK today.
A fucking lovely mix if I do say so myself.

The other three bloggers seem to have written whether they're an atheist or not. The only view I can take is that I wear a crucifix around my neck which was given to me by my Nan, I could go on record to say that I don't believe in God, but whenever I don't have that crucifix around my neck I always feel there's a bit of me that's missing.
Deep.

I do believe I'll be the member of the foursome that'll be seen by the readers as the least intellectual of the group, but I believe otherwise. I've always loved being the underdog anyhow, and I hope you'll enjoy my postings however long this blog lasts.

Raising tuition fees: Yes
Voted: Conservative
Monarchy?: Think about the tourism
NHS: The greatest thing about the UK
Music taste: Post-punk/90s Indie/Stoner rock/Psychobilly
Greatest ever comedian? Jerry Sadowitz/Stewart Lee

Have a utterly wonderful day readers.

JC

No comments:

Post a Comment